KingWolf catches up with Director Nick Snow, to talk about his passion for film-making and what’s next for him career-wise.
1. What attracted you to create the movie "THE BLACKLIGHT"?
We just wanted to make a film that could showcase all of the talent involved. This movie is in many ways a kind of calling card for us. We just wanted to get something out there to hopefully move up to the next level of the film industry.
2. What do you think are the most important elements for a good film?
I think the most important elements are feeling fresh for the genre, having interesting and engaging characters, and making sure you really have something to say.
3. What is the biggest obstacle you faced while making THE BLACKLIGHT?
The biggest obstacle was really our budget. We were working with very little, so the production was stretched out over a long period of time than usual. It creates a lot of complications with scheduling actors and locations, and obviously limits what kind of approach we can take to certain scenes.
4. What is the best piece of advice that you have ever received in your career?
To stay focused and not give up. Filmmaking is cheaper than ever, so getting a movie made is more an act of will nowadays. Just keep making films, learning from them, and getting better. Don't let the fear of imperfection and criticism hold you back.
5. Do you think there are enough opportunities for people with limited experience in film-making?
Not on a large level, but I think you can make your own opportunities nowadays. It's still a challenge to get bigger budgets, but if you can prove that you can do good work with very little, it goes a long way to convincing investors. KING
6. If you got the opportunity to remake a classic , which one would you go for?
I think A Face in the Crowd would work incredibly well with modern audiences. Its got a message that is even more relevant now than when it was made.
7. If you were not a filmmaker, what would you see yourself doing?
It's hard to say because filmmaking has been a passion for so long. I'd maybe be a biologist or zoologist. I'm really fascinated by the natural world
Our website is www.dashfordmedia.com and you can find us @dashfordmedia on Instagram, Twitter and Tik Tok. Indie film supporters, check out Nick Snow's latest suspense thriller THE BLACKLIGHT, now on Amazon Prime. Despite trying to leave behind a life of crime, Danny reluctantly teams with naïve rich kid Liam and wildcard drug dealer Kit Viper for a robbery that leaves them in possession of a mysterious supernatural artifact with immense power.